We offer a discretionary portfolio management service to a broad range of private clients where the investment philosophy is to protect, manage and enhance the wealth of our clients.
- Is an ongoing collaboration between the client and Deltec.
- We construct portfolios on a client-by-client basis, taking into consideration his personal investment goals, risk tolerance, income, liquidity requirements and tax considerations.
- This is followed by a formulation of an asset allocation plan.
The construction of the portfolio is made within the following parameters
- Use only established, best-in-class managers
- Achieve desired diversification to meet risk profile and return goals
- Limit exposure to any single manager
Review and Update is a vital and constant part of the portfolio manager’s duties
- Portfolio performance is monitored.
- In consultation with the client (if needed), the portfolio is adjusted as circumstances and needs change.
- The aim is to be able to clearly measure success in meeting stated goals with the client.
- Some of the key strategies favoured by Deltec are Debt, Event Driven (debt & equity), Macro/Trading, Equity (Long & Hedged), Developing & Emerging Markets, Private Equity and Cash.
- Strategies are defined in a way such that the factors that drive their returns are generally non-correlated.
- Each broad category contains a variety of sub-strategies and geographies that provide further diversification.
Service and reporting:
- Deltec aims to forge long-standing relationships with clients by providing accurate, up-to-date and punctual reporting service.
- Depending on client requirements, they might have direct access to the fund manager who will ensure the portfolio is managed to meet the goals laid out in the client’s financial plan.
- Deltec formally reviews the progress of a portfolio with clients on at least an annual basis either in person, over the phone or another appropriate means depending on the client’s circumstance.
- In addition, the client may contact the portfolio manager on a less formal basis at any time to discuss any aspect of the portfolio or any query, which the client may have.
- Clients receive regular valuations, which show holdings, transactions, asset allocation breakdown, performance statistics and charges.
- Deltec’s broad range of investment skills and expertise across asset classes enables it to invest either directly or via third party vehicles.
- This “Open Architecture” approach to investment selection and disposal of investment vehicles means that clients avoid the unnecessary restraints in accessing the best ideas and investment opportunities.
- Client risk and return aspirations are at the centre of Deltec investment process.
- Guided by a fund manager or financial adviser, clients set the risk parameters according to their tolerance to risk.
- Deltec works within them, using a blend of asset types or combining the investment styles and expertise of different managers to achieve optimised risk / return objectives.
- Clients benefit from the transparency of Deltec’s approach, coupled with a proven track record and the knowledge that the service provided has been at the core of what the bank has done for many years.
- All investment advice is provided on the same basis as with discretionary relationships.
- Deltec offers objective advice based on unbiased analysis.
- As an independent bank, Deltec is free to put forward the most appropriate solutions.
- Client portfolio is actively managed by an investment adviser who looks at asset allocation, portfolio construction and product selection. The parameters will be agreed with client on a regular basis.
- Recommendations and transactions will be entered into on client’s behalf only with his express consent.
- Under the managed advisory mandate, client will have the choice of a number of investment strategies to which your portfolio will be managed.
Deltec’s teams of professionals are available to trade Hedge Funds, Fixed Income / Equities, Derivatives, FX and other Alternative Investments across the world's major markets. Deltec is able to act on an execution-only basis for clients with all levels of experience and knowledge. The Bank will only execute a transaction on the client’s behalf once it has received specific instructions from the client to do so. Deltec will make it's research and investment ideas available to the client but any information provided will not purport to be a recommendation or investment advice.